Keeping your employees healthy, productive and safe
Put simply occupational health is physiotherapy for work and health. We can improve the health and wellbeing of workers so they can do their jobs efficiently and effectively. We can improve work design through ergonomics, to make work tasks comfortable and safe.
We improve the safety, comfort and performance of the working population reducing accidents and sickness absence, improving productivity and performance. There are significant benefits to both employers and employees.
Ensures compliance with current health and safety regulations (Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992, as amended by the Health and Safety (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2002).
We establish a case history identifying aggravating factors where a computer user may be experiencing issues requiring further management in order to improve existing levels of safety and health.
Understanding and assessing specific working tasks and postures, thus identifying where stresses may be present, and recommend appropriate interventions whether these be reasonable adjustments made by the user or hardware modifications.
The 60 minute DSE workstation assessment process consists of:
• Initial consultation (to gain a clear case history)
• Equipment assessment (to check suitability of current set-up)
• Working postural assessment (to identify poor posture and postural habits)
• Risk analysis (to understand and advise on potential causes of pain)
• Recommendations and advice (where it is possible to make immediate improvements)